The Ultrapack-DW 1 person ultralight tent is one of our most popular sellers since 2017. Designed specifically for bike-packers, hikers, minimalist camping and people on the move. Ultralight, weighing just 900g (packed weight, everything included except the main pole), and easy to carry, small packed size of 30cm x 11cm diameter.
A double wall tent for use with a trekking pole or you can purchase one of our 80g 120cm Carbon Fibre Pole as an add on. *Main pole not included unless ordered
This durable double wall tent is constructed with a waterproof ripstop nylon fly and a fully enclosed bug-proof mesh inner. This means improved ventilation, reduced condensation and better ability to handle New Zealand’s changeable weather compared to the lighter SW version.
Ultrapack DW is quick and easy to set up. Just peg out the fly then raise the tent using a pole. Use clips to secure inner to fly (leave clipped for quick pitch next time) and secure floor to outer pegs using rope and line locks. Readjust guy lines to make sure everything is taut. (There are extra points to secure guy lines at the peak and 3 more at mid height around the head of tent but extra guy ropes are not included for these as the tent performs perfectly well without tying them out. If you feel you need them check out our tent accessories and add to cart. )
The floor is 20D Ripstop Nylon with PU3000mm which should handle most conditions. For extra ground protection add a separate footprint / groundsheet available for purchase ... in a wide version that sits under the floor and covers the vestibule area, and a narrow version which sits under the floor of the inner tent only.
*Main pole not included unless ordered
This is a tent designed with a priority on low weight and may not suit everyone. If you're still after a few more comforts of larger traditional tents check out the Indie 1 - a little heavier but offers more internal space and room. Check out this ultralight tent article Advice on how to choose the best ultralight tents to see if and ultralight tent is right for your next adventure. Read about the changes we made in 2019 2019 DW changes
- Ultralight average packed weight just 900g (everything included except main pole) makes it really easy to carry
- Fits easily into your pack – approx. 30cm x 11cm diameter
- Double wall design to improve ventilation and reduce condensation, barrier and gap keeps you away from outer fly
- Fully enclosed mesh inner to keep insects out
- Waterproof 20D Ripstop Nylon PU3000mm with taped seams
- Requires main pole (or some suspend it from a ridgeline)
- Good sized side entrance for easy access with vestibule to stow gear
- Straightforward set up with improved tail pitching to get a taut fly
- Multi pitch, double wall tent, fly only, inner only options
- Pitches fly first so keeps inner dry when pitching in the rain.
- Includes small alu foot pole, 8 x alu Y stakes, base ropes with line locks
- Comes with drawstring stuff sack, drawstring peg bag
- Sleeps: 1 person
- Seasons: 2-3
- Colour: Orange or Green
- Inner Measurements: 50cm wide at foot / 80cm wide at shoulder x 215cm long x 110cm max height
- Outer fly and floor: 20D 380T Ripstop Nylon PU 3000mm, Taped seams
- Inner: 20D Nylon mesh
- Pegs: 7 x 15cm alu needle stakes
- Line locks and 2mm guy rope
- Carry bag: drawstring stuff sack
- Packed size approx. 30cm x 11cm diameter
If you're having trouble deciding which tent is right for you, click here for a chart comparing the main specs of all our tents.
- Total packed weight: average 900g for 2023 version (excludes main pole)
- Outer fly 430g (includes rope and line locks)
- Inner fly 350g (includes bungy cord and line locks)
- Drawstring stuff bag 15g
- Foot pole 35g
- Pegs x 8pcs 70g
- Drawstring Peg bag 7g
- Vent strut 3g