Intents Outdoors ... who?
- ITO is a Kiwi owned and operated company designing, sourcing, importing, and selling tents online here in NZ and internationally. A part-time garage start up in 2010 after frustrations finding a quality tent suitable for NZ, we have now sold many thousands of our own Intents Outdoors and Orson Outdoors branded tents. Check out what some of our customers have to say here.
Where are you based?
- We’re a Kiwi owned and operated company based in Rosedale, Auckland. Pick up is available with prior arrangement.
Are you GST registered?
- We are a GST registered company.
What about quality and what kind of warranty do you have?
- Our tents are designed for NZ's challenging and changeable conditions and do what they're supposed to. We stand behind what we sell and have a standard 1 year warranty on our tents. For more info read our warranty policy here.
Do you have a shop or showroom?
- To keep costs and prices down we do not have a physical shop or showroom. We do have a warehouse setup and have a couple of roof tents available for viewing. If you have any questions about our products call or email us and we'll help out as best we can.
Can I buy your tents from a local retailer?
- The Intents Outdoors range is currently sold online only. You can find some of our Orson tents in some retailers, including Hunting & Fishing stores.
How do your tents compare to well-known brands?
- We're pretty confident our tents are better than a lot of more expensive brands. We do our own designing, sourcing, importing and selling our branded tents. Our tried and tested products are selected and designed specifically to handle NZ conditions.
Where are the tents made?
- We’ve worked really hard to establish and maintain great working relationships with manufacturers of some big brands. Our tents are well made in China by reputable, experienced manufacturers alongside some of the world’s best-known brands. We'd love to manufacture in NZ but costs and sewing consistency with fine tent fabrics means this is not a viable option.
What about after sales service?
- We know that sometimes things don’t go according to plan so if you have any issues we’ll do our best to help you get things sorted as soon as possible. We carry spare parts for all our tents so it's often easy to get things back on track without being told you have to buy a new one.
What about shipping and costs?
- Everyone knows ‘free shipping’ is not actually free right? We believe you should only pay what your shipping cost is. Read more on our shipping here
What about International shipping?
- We ship internationally with NZ Post and FedEx options available.
Do you have other payment options or finance available?
- We use Stripe and Paypal for credit card payments, accept bank transfers and eftpos on pick up. We also work with Laybuy and After Pay that allow ‘buy now, pay later’ or finance options options at no extra cost to buyers.
How can I find out more?
- If you have any further questions about any of our products or would like to know more just let us know here and we’ll get back to you.