Into our 6th year of roof top tents. In stock now and ready to ship.
Roof top tents are a great way to get away on a road trip. Easy to pull over and set up in a few minutes. Comfortable, convenient and durable. Check out roof top tents pros and cons and FAQs for more general info on roof top tents and how they work.
Quality 2 person roof top tents for summer adventure. Tried and tested in NZ over the past 6 years our roof tents have an upgraded durable aluminium tread plate base, easy to use one piece telescopic ladder, quality materials and construction.
Plenty of internal room with the tent inner measuring 240cm x 140cm and our raised tent bars giving more internal headroom. The A2 has the extended awning out over the entrance great for use in bad weather and creating a greater shaded area below. Also compatible with our annexes if you decide to purchase one at a later date.
Free extras include ... storage gear loft, LED light bar, handy hanging shoe hammock, hanging towel bar strap
2021 model includes window redesign with wider window covers that can be set using the window rods or can rolled up and secured to the tent. More photos to come.
- Durable tough aluminium tread plate base - constructed using aluminium tread plate base to handle the wear and tear that comes with getting them on and off vehicle roof racks - no damage to base when dragged along the racks.
- Aluminium/polystyrene insulation sandwich base.
- Heavy duty PVC travel cover and YKK zip to make removal and packing up quick and easy. The travel cover doesn't need to be entirely removed if you're not using the annex - can be rolled and tied under the roof top tent base.
- Grey travel cover doesn't get burning hot in summer sun.
- Waterproof rain fly made from 420D Oxford polyester with PU 3000mm rating and taped seams. Keeps rain out and offers protection from sun.
- Long lasting breathable 280gsm Ripstop Poly Cotton Canvas, waterproof and mould treated with taped seams
- Internal storage pockets and ceiling gear loft, air vents, internal bungy cords to make repacking easier, guy rope and stakes.
- Big interior measuring 240cm long x 140cm wide x 115cm high
- Spacious interior with vertical walls and good height to maximize headroom
- Double layered zip up mesh and canvas windows and doors to keep bugs out, maximise ventilation and views or close up for privacy.
- Quality heavy duty SBS zips on all windows and doors
- Extended entrance awning cover is great for use in rainy weather keeping you and inside of the tent dry when getting in and out. And provides greater shade underneath on hot, sunny days.
- Comfy 6.5cm mattress with luxurious soft touch 'velvet' top. No noise when rolling around and a durable polyester base cover to keep any moisture out. Cover is removable and washable.
- Heavy duty telescopic aluminium ladder with max height of 2.3m, easily adjustable to different heights and also maintains a low profile when packed away.
- Security - mounting track end caps are screwed in to add another level of security
- Includes roof rack mounting plates to fit 4cm to 8.5cm roof racks and all required mounting hardware.
- Range of extra accessories available - shoe hammocks, gear lofts, stabiliser bars, guy ropes and stakes, hanging fixtures, etc.
- No Annex included - but the tent is compatible and an annex can be purchased at a later date
- Full range of spare parts available if needed.
- Inner size: 240cm long x 140cm wide x 115cm high
- Outer tent size: 305cm x 140cm x 115cm including entrance awning
- Fabric: 280gsm Ripstop Poly Cotton Canvas, taped seams
- Rain fly: 420D Oxford, PU 3000mm taped seams
- Frame: Aluminium alloy tube and stainless steel components
- Base floor: aluminium frame, alu/polyurethane sandwich board
- Ladder: 2.3m telescopic aluminium ladder
- Mattress: 230cm long x 135cm wide x 6.5cm high. High density foam with removable, washable cover
- Packed on roof dimensions: approx 120cm x 140cm x 30cm
- Total weight approx 55kg
Packed size: 150cm x 128cm x 33cm (total boxed weight 60kg)
Contact us for further details or to arrange viewing.
*Pick up is fine for this item - from Mt Roskill, Auckland.
Shipping Details and Costs
- Pick up is from Mt Roskill, Auckland.
- Mainfreight delivery to North Island depots takes around 3-5 working days, to South Island depots around 3-8 working days. Tracked and signature required.
- For delivery to business or residential addresses ask us for a quote.
Mainfreight costs for pick up from your nearest depot ...
- $89 - Whangarei, Hamilton, Rotorua, Taupo, Tauranga, Thames
- $99 - Napier, Palmerston North, New Plymouth, Whanganui, Wellington, Gisborne, Levin
- $199 - Christchurch
- $229 - Nelson, Blenheim, Timaru, Dunedin
- $249 - Greymouth, Cromwell, Oamaru, Invercargill
We are based in Auckland, New Zealand. We ship around NZ, to Australia and around the world. If the shipping rate doesn't show for your country then please contact us and with your inquiry and we'll quote shipping cost for you asap.
Which courier service do we use? We typically use Castle Parcels and Post Haste couriers. Delivery is signature required (except for rural deliveries) … feel free to send us delivery instructions if you’d prefer courier to leave your item (no signature required).
PO Box delivery? Sorry, no delivery to PO Boxes by couriers.
Tracking details? Once your purchase is dispatched an automated email will be sent to you with the courier tracking details and link for you to follow your item's progress.
Can shipping be combined? Purchases can be combined to save on shipping costs but the final cost will depend on total weight, volume and destination. If unsure or you have a question, please contact us and we can let you know what combined cost will be. Maximum weight is limited to 25kg to send in one package.
How long does shipping take? We try to get your order on its way as soon as possible. Generally, when orders and payments are confirmed in the morning we do our best to ship them out on the same day. Orders confirmed in the afternoon will be dispatched the following day. For orders placed on Friday afternoons or over the weekend, they will be sent out on Monday.
Typical delivery times are next working day for Auckland and North Island addresses and 2 working days for South Island delivery. Add an extra day for rural (RD) addresses. Note that during the December peak season courier company delivery may experience some delays due to greater volumes.
If for any reason you have not received your order in the expected timeframe, please refer to the emailed tracking link and contact the courier company with your tracking number. As the courier service is ‘signature required’, if you are not home to receive your order when it is delivered, a calling card is left for you to arrange a convenient time for redelivery.
Which service do we use? We use eParcels - items are picked up by NZ Post and sent to Australia where they are delivered by Australia Post. Delivery is signature required. Faster courier services are also available with FedEx but please note that rates are for major cities only. For rural areas please contact us to confirm pricing as this can vary greatly.
Customs duties and GST charges? The receiver is responsible for any import duties or GST charges.
Are tracking details provided? When dispatched you will receive an automated email with the tracking details and link.
Can shipping be combined? Purchases can be combined and shipping rates to Australia are calculated on a weight basis. Maximum weight is limited to 25kg to send in one package.
How long does delivery take? Delivery time for eParcels is 3-10 working days depending on delivery location (and as long as items are not held up by Australian customs for inspection). For FedEx delivery to major cities is usually 3-4 working days.
Where can you ship to? We can ship to pretty much every country around the world with rates depending on weight and country. If shipping rates show up for your country, contact us with a quick inquiry with the product you're interested in, destination country and zip code and we'll get back to you with an accurate quote as soon as possible.
Which service do we use? Prices quoted are for NZ Post tracked parcel service. Parcels are shipped with NZ Post and handed on to local postal services for delivery in your home country. Most services are tracked and usually takes 3-10 working days depending on destination. You will receive an email with the tracking number once your purchase has been dispatched.
How about express courier services? We can also send items via FedEx which is quicker, tracked and signature required. This service is more expensive - please contact us if interested and we can quote you the actual price depending on product you're interested in and delivery destination.
What about import duties and taxes? Please note that any taxes or customs duties due for purchases entering your home country are not included in the purchase price and must be paid for by the recipient.