The Ultrapack SW is an ultralight single wall 1 person tent with a packed weight of just 630g (minimum trail weight) and 710g packed weight (everything included). To reduce weight no main pole is included - designed to be comaptible with a hiking pole or we have aluminium or carbon fibre poles as and add on purchase. *Main pole not included unless ordered
A popular seller since 2015, modified, tried and tested, resulting in a simple, effective ultralight shelter. A waterproof single wall tent designed with priority on low weight and small packed size - great if mobility is key to your camping adventure. Ideal for bike packing, minimalist camping, a back up shelter when huts are full or anyone looking for a bivy tent.
Note - this is an ultralight single wall tent so may not suit everyone expecting the same functions as bigger tent - there is a tradeoff to achieve the low weight. Keeping the tent well ventilated is important to minimize condensation on cold still nights as any condensation will be on the inside of the tent. More suitable for use in warmer conditions with less humidity, as a backup shelter or for those willing to deal with a few inconveniences for that low weight. You should also know how to prevent and/or manage condensation to make it easier to use.
And check out Advice on how to choose the best ultralight tents to see if it is right for your next adventure. If you want more features of a double wall tent, have a look at the more popular Ultrapack DW or Indie 1 tents.
Constructed with a waterproof Ripstop Nylon fly and sewn in floor, with a fully enclosed fine mesh wall and large zip entrance. The sleeping area measures max 80cm wide by 210cm long and 110cm at highest point, with a good sized vestibule to the side to stow your gear. Vented at front and foot of tent.
To minimise weight the tent is compatible with an adjustable hiking or walking pole, or a lightweight 115cm aluminium pole ($25) or 115cm Carbon Fibre Pole (77g, $59) is available as an ‘add on’ purchase.
Note: for extra comfort, add on a separate footprint / groundsheet available for purchase. Choice of wide groundsheet (sits under tent floor and vestibule area) or narrow groundsheet (sits under tent floor only).
Main pole not included unless ordered.
If you're having trouble deciding which tent is right for you, click here for a chart comparing the main specs of all our tents.
- Ultralight packed weight just 630g-710g makes it really easy to carry
- Fits easily into your pack – approx. 27cm x 10cm diameter
- Sturdy pyramid design with improved tail pitching for tauter ridgeline
- Single wall design to minimise weight with fully enclosed mesh inner to keep insects out
- Good sized side entrance for easy access with vestibule to stow gear
- Waterproof 20D Ripstop Nylon PU3000mm with taped seams
- Requires trekking pole, 115cm aluminium or carbon fibre pole
- Straightforward set up
- Includes small alu foot pole, 8 alu Y stakes, line locks and rope
- Comes with drawstring stuff sack, drawstring peg bag
- Optional footprint/groundsheet available
- Sleeps: 1 person
- Seasons: 3
- Colour: Orange or Green
- Inner Measurements: 50cm wide at foot / 80cm wide at shoulder x 210cm long x 110cm max height
- Outer fly and floor: 20D 380T Ripstop Nylon PU 3000mm, Taped seams
- Inner: 20D Nylon mesh
- Pole: 7.9mm aluminium (small foot pole only)
- Pegs: 8 x 15cm alu Y stakes
- Line locks and 2mm guy rope
- Carry bag: drawstring stuff sack
- Packed size: approx 27cm x 10cm diameter