The Indie 2 is a popular ultralight 2 person tent for users who have to carry their gear over long distances and are looking to minimise weight. Built using high quality Ripstop Silnylon - an ultra lightweight fine nylon fabric much lighter and stronger than heavier polyester. A silicone coating on the upper side adds strength and a polyurethane waterproof coating on the underside allows for taped seams to be applied (no need for messy liquid seam sealants).
Tried and tested over past few years here in NZ, great performance and weather handling, adaptability with its multi-pitch options, and all at just 1.35kg. No poles included - designed for use with trekking poles or we have optional aluminium and ultralight carbon fibre poles.
Weather handling – Strong pyramid design performs well in all weather and 2023 version has beefed up waterproofing. Constructed using light weight but durable 20D Ripstop Silnylon with PU4000mm underside coating and taped seams so is fully waterproof, and the floor is a more durable 40D Ripstop Nylon with higher PU8000mm waterproofing. There is still an optional groundsheet that sits under the inner floor (doesn't cover vestibule areas) if you feel it's needed to offer greater protection for the floor.
Easy to carry - An ideal lightweight tramping or bike packing 2 person tent with a double wall design for better ventilation and ability to deal with condensation. Weighs 1.35kg and packs down to approx. 35cm x 15cm diameter so easily fits in your pack and easy when split between two. To reduce weight the tent is designed to stand using 2 trekking poles or also have optional 115cm alu poles (165g each) or 115cm carbon fibre poles (77g each) available for purchase.
Easy pitch – Quick, no fuss pitching. Just leave the inner hooked up to the fly, stake it out and insert poles and stake them out - great when setting up in rain to keep the inner dry. Also has multi-pitch options to suit your needs – can be used as fly only, inner only or as a double wall tent.
Easy entry/exit with identical 3 zip inverted ‘T’ inner doors on each side, no need to crawl over your partner to get out and allows for easy to access gear stowed in vestibule from either left or right side of the main pole.
If you're having trouble deciding which tent is right for you, click here for a chart comparing the main specs of all our tents.
- Ultralight 1.35kg and compact packed size
- Strong 20D Ripstop Silnylon fly with topside Silicone coating for greater strength and waterproof PU4000mm coating underside with taped seams
- Upgraded more durable 40D Ripstop Nylon floor with higher PU8000mm floor for greater waterproofing that should cover most conditions.
- Double wall with fully enclosed inner
- Inverted T door for easy entry/exit and access to gear
- Good sized vestibules on each side to stow gear
- Requires 2 trekking poles or optional aluminium or carbon fibre poles
- Reinforced pockets for pole ends to lot into
- Good ventilation with top vents and raised beaks on each side
- Keep inner attached to fly for simple, quick set up
- Multi-pitch options – fly only, inner only, or as double wall tent
- Optional 100cm x 200cm groundsheet available for purchase (sits under inner floor)
- Easy pitch corner webbing tie out points with extra wall tie-outs to raise wall height at ends of tent if needed
- Alu 15cm lightweight Y stakes – can be set up with 6, or 8 in windy conditions
- Includes drawstring carry bag
- Sleeps: 2
- Seasons: 3
- Colour: Green or Orange
- Inner Measurements: 110cm wide x 210cm long x 110cm max height
- Outer fly: 20D 380T Ripstop Silnylon, PU8000mm with Taped seams
- Inner: 20D Nylon mesh
- Floor: 40D 380T Ripstop Nylon / PU8000mm with Taped seams
- Poles: not included – requires 2 trekking poles or 2 optional aluminium or carbon fibre poles
- Pegs: 8 x 15cm alu Y stakes
- Carry bag: drawstring stuff sack
- Packed size: approx 35cm x 15cm diameter