The Alto™ TR2 Plus semi-freestanding tent provides maximum livability for the ultralight backpackers who are active right to the ends of shoulder seasons.
Vertical walls, a tall, oversized door and the same functional details as the standard Alto combine with materials that will keep you warm and dry in windier and wetter conditions. Whenever you camp, you’ll have more usable space, better ventilation and more versatility than any other ultra-lightweight tent.
If you're having trouble deciding which tent is right for you, click here for a chart comparing the main specs of all our tents.
- Made for 3+ Seasons with a fabric inner tent which keeps out cold drafts. Plus a higher-specification waterproof floor, suitable for the wetter ground conditions.
- Tension Ridge™ raises the tent’s shape upwards for more usable head-and-shoulder space and creates truly higher doors for easier entry and more vestibule storage.
- Color-coded ultra-strong lightweight DAC NSL pole set and quick connect pole feet make for easy setup.
- Made for longevity and to be waterproof by using premium materials including DAC poles, YKK zippers, 7-series aluminum hardware and seam-taped PeU-coated rainfly.
- FairShare™ storage system: tent packs into 3 stuff sacks to split the load. After set-up, stuff sacks transform into gear storage pockets.
- Lightbar™: add a headlamp and secure the tent pole storage sack to the apex of the tent for soft even illumination.
- Rainfly can be setup first for a dry setup and takedown.
- Includes 9 Ground Control Light Tent Pegs and 4 removable Ground Control Guy Lines with custom attachment toggles.
- Sleeping Capacity: 2 people
- Min. Trail Weight (fly + inner + poles): 1274g
- Fly + Poles + Lightfoot Footprint (not included, sold separately) Weight: 971g
- Packed Weight: 1458g
- Packed Size: 12 x 12 x 52cm
- Floor Area: 2.5m2
- Peak Height: 105cm
- Door Height: 108cm
- Ultralight: Yes
- Design Type: Semi-freestanding
- Fly 15D Sil-PU Coated Nylon Ripstop 1200mm
- Floor 20D Sil-PU Coated Nylon Ripstop 2500mm
- Poles: DAC Featherlite NFL 8.7mm, PF 9.5mm & 9.8mm Anodised Aluminium
- pegs 9
- Silicone and Polyether Poly-Urethane (Sil-PeU) coated 15D fly fabric provides excellent hydrolytic stability for durable waterproof performance
- 1200mm waterhead 15D fly and 2500mm 20D floor, both with fully-taped and waterproof seams
- DAC Featherlite NFL and PRESSFIT pole sections with varying diameters for maximum strength at minimum weight
- Strong 7075-T6 aluminium alloy Ground Control Light Tent Pegs provide secure anchoring thanks to the custom TriPoint, multi-notch design
- Easily adjustable Ground Control Guy Cords with quick-connect V-Toggles can be attached or removed from multiple guy loops to suit wind conditions
- Control Light Tent Pegs and Guy Cords Colour availability dependent on country