Desert Cruiser 2 exclusive to Intents Outdoors in NZ
The Desert Cruiser from Wildland is a patented streamlined aluminium hard shell roof now in NZ and exclusive to Intents Outdoors. A revolutionary design combining the durability of a hard shell roof tent, a low profile, real comfort, one of the easiest set ups you'll see, and the ability to carry your toys up top.
Low profile means less noise, easier driving and maybe the difference between getting into your garage or not.
So quick and easy to set up and pack away with patented gas strut system - less than 2 minutes to set up and pack down. Release the clips and watch gas struts lift the lid on your nest for the night. Comfy mattress and interior for a good nights sleep.
Added bonus with tough aluminium top shell strong enough to carry your toys with extra racks up top for rods, boards, gear, etc. Comes with 2 detachable racks that can be set side to side.
Same model as seen on Drifta site in Aus. Available in 120cm and 140cm widths.
- fully enclosed tent for 2 with double mattress
- super easy set up and pack down requires minimal effort with patented gas spring strut system doing all the work ... less than 2 minutes to set up and same time to pack away
- streamlined aluminium hard shell top, low profile 18cm height, reduces wind resistance and noise
- Aluminium slat frame base reduces weight and prevents condensation
- low profile and weight makes driving easier with lower centre of gravity compared to standard roof tents
- aluminium side extrusion allows for attaching lighting, accessories etc
- 2 detachable racks can be used on top to carry more gear
- waterproof tent outer fly with silver coating UPF50+
- mesh window options to keep mozzies out and for greater ventilation
- 50mm comfortable high density double mattress with removable cover
- telescopic aluminium ladder and easy access side entrance
- LED strip light included
- storage pockets, shoe bags
Compatible multi-function awning and multi-function tarp available.
Note - This is a streamlined model at 18cm in height so not a lot of room inside to store bedding - couple of sleeping bags are ok but not pillows etc.
(Thanks to Stephen and Cade for the pics!)
- Aluminium honeycomb plate top and extruded alu sides
- Aluminium slat base frame with heavy duty waterproof Oxford tent base above (not a solid alu sheet - see photos - better for lighter weight, less condensation and no danger of water pooling in a hard shell base!)
- Fly - 210D Ripstop Poly Oxford, PU3000mm with silver coating
- Inner - 190gsm Ripstop Polycotton PU2000mm
- Floor - 210D Poly Oxford, PU2000mm
- 120 model Inner size - 205cm long x 120cm wide x 110/90cm high
- 140 model Inner size - 205cm long x 140cm wide x 110/90cm high
- 120 model Packed size - 215cm x 135cm x 18cm
- 140 model Packed size - 215cm x 155cm x 18cm
- 120 model Weight - 52kg tent + 7kg ladder
- 140 model Weight - 59kg tent + 7kg ladder
- Colour combo - grey and black tent, silver top.
Shipping details and costs
- Pick up is from Mt Roskill, Auckland.
- Mainfreight delivery to North Island depots takes around 3 working days, to South Island depots around 3-5 working days. Tracked and signature required.
- Delivery to business or residential is also available - ask us to provide an accurate quote.
Freight costs for pick up from nearest Mainfreight depot ...
- Whangarei, Hamilton, Thames, Tauranga, Rotorua ... 120cm = $89, 140cm = $99
- Taupo, Napier, New Plymouth ... 120cm = $109, 140cm = $119
- Gisborne, Palmerston North, Whanganui, Wellington ... 120cm = $119, 140cm = $139
- Kaitaia, Levin ... 120cm = $149, 140cm = $169
- Masterton ... 120cm = $199, 140cm = $239
- Christchurch ... 120cm = $229, 140cm = $259
- Nelson, Blenheim, Dunedin ... 120cm = $259, 140cm = $299
- Cromwell, Oamaru ... 120cm = $289, 140cm = $339
- Invercargill ... 120cm = $309, 140cm = $359
- Ashburton ... 120cm = $359, 140cm = $399
- Gore ... 120cm = $389, 140cm = $449
We are based in Auckland, New Zealand. We ship around NZ, to Australia and around the world. If the shipping rate doesn't show for your country then please contact us and with your inquiry and we'll quote shipping cost for you asap.
Which courier service do we use? We typically use Castle Parcels and Post Haste couriers. Delivery is signature required (except for rural deliveries) … feel free to send us delivery instructions if you’d prefer courier to leave your item (no signature required).
PO Box delivery? Sorry, no delivery to PO Boxes by couriers.
Tracking details? Once your purchase is dispatched an automated email will be sent to you with the courier tracking details and link for you to follow your item's progress.
Can shipping be combined? Purchases can be combined to save on shipping costs but the final cost will depend on total weight, volume and destination. If unsure or you have a question, please contact us and we can let you know what combined cost will be. Maximum weight is limited to 25kg to send in one package.
How long does shipping take? We try to get your order on its way as soon as possible. Generally, when orders and payments are confirmed in the morning we do our best to ship them out on the same day. Orders confirmed in the afternoon will be dispatched the following day. For orders placed on Friday afternoons or over the weekend, they will be sent out on Monday.
Typical delivery times are next working day for Auckland and North Island addresses and 2 working days for South Island delivery. Add an extra day for rural (RD) addresses. Note that during the December peak season courier company delivery may experience some delays due to greater volumes.
If for any reason you have not received your order in the expected timeframe, please refer to the emailed tracking link and contact the courier company with your tracking number. As the courier service is ‘signature required’, if you are not home to receive your order when it is delivered, a calling card is left for you to arrange a convenient time for redelivery.
Which service do we use? We use eParcels - items are picked up by NZ Post and sent to Australia where they are delivered by Australia Post. Delivery is signature required. Faster courier services are also available with FedEx but please note that rates are for major cities only. For rural areas please contact us to confirm pricing as this can vary greatly.
Customs duties and GST charges? The receiver is responsible for any import duties or GST charges.
Are tracking details provided? When dispatched you will receive an automated email with the tracking details and link.
Can shipping be combined? Purchases can be combined and shipping rates to Australia are calculated on a weight basis. Maximum weight is limited to 25kg to send in one package.
How long does delivery take? Delivery time for eParcels is 3-10 working days depending on delivery location (and as long as items are not held up by Australian customs for inspection). For FedEx delivery to major cities is usually 3-4 working days.
Where can you ship to? We can ship to pretty much every country around the world with rates depending on weight and country. If shipping rates show up for your country, contact us with a quick inquiry with the product you're interested in, destination country and zip code and we'll get back to you with an accurate quote as soon as possible.
Which service do we use? Prices quoted are for NZ Post tracked parcel service. Parcels are shipped with NZ Post and handed on to local postal services for delivery in your home country. Most services are tracked and usually takes 3-10 working days depending on destination. You will receive an email with the tracking number once your purchase has been dispatched.
How about express courier services? We can also send items via FedEx which is quicker, tracked and signature required. This service is more expensive - please contact us if interested and we can quote you the actual price depending on product you're interested in and delivery destination.
What about import duties and taxes? Please note that any taxes or customs duties due for purchases entering your home country are not included in the purchase price and must be paid for by the recipient.