Desert Cruiser 2 exclusive to Intents Outdoors in NZ
Limited stock left. Order now to make sure you get your post lockdown summer sorted. (When current stock sold out the next shipment ETA is early Dec.)
If you’re looking for the freedom and flexibility to head off road and go bush, or take that laid back summer roadie you’ve always been dreaming of, or buckle up for a last minute overnighter then the DC2 is for you.
This innovative next-generation aluminium hard shell roof top tent boasts an unmatched hybrid design, the lowest profile on the market, and effortless gas strut assisted 60-second set up. Its tough weatherproof construction provides protection against NZ’s harsh weather; top-mounted gear racks accommodate your surfboard, kayak or other toys; and a range of accessories like annex room, side awning and winter thermal insulator means you can customise the tent setup to fit your needs!
Ideal for overlanding, off-roading or simply heading to your favorite camping ground, the DC2’s deceptively simple yet very well thought out design is engineered for ultimate user convenience, top performance and excellent value.
Now in NZ and exclusive to Intents Outdoors, the DC2 is made by Wildland, a renowned manufacturer in the business for more than 20 years. This is the original and not a cheap copy. A global product now taking the world by storm as sold by international outdoor specialists like Drifta Stockton (AUS), Freespirit (USA), and Jackal (SA).
Available in 120cm and 140cm width models ... the new shipment tents have a black anti-scratch top (not the silver alu top as shown in pics).
All the features and more for around half the price of comparable models, we believe the DC2 is the best value aluminium hard-shell tent on the market.
What is the best roof top tent? Read more about the 12 reasons why this is the best roof top tent on the market
Accessories include extrusion fixings, multi-function awning, annex and an insulating liner for colder temps.
Contact us if you'd like to check one out - based in Mt Roskill, Auckland.
- Low profile and low weight – easy handling on your vehicle (and your back)
- 60 second hassle free set up and 2 minute pack down with the patented gas strut system
- Racks included to carry extra toys or gear up top
- Tough shell and construction with aluminium honeycomb top lid, waterproof and dustproof seals and sturdy alu frame base
- Two sizes available - 120cm or 140cm wide x 205cm long x 5cm mattress
- Waterproof tent PU3000mm and UPF50+ lining,
- Greatly reduced condensation, weight and bulk with clever floor design
- Big door and windows – easy access in and out and great views – with fabric and bug proof mesh options
- Side extrusion channels to attach racks, lights etc.
- Strip light, storage pockets, shoe bags, easy to use 2.3m telescopic ladder, fittings included
- Accessories available – awning, annex and winter insulator options (photos coming after lockdown)
Note - The tent body is 16cm in height so not a lot of room inside to store bedding - couple of sleeping bags laid out flat are ok but not pillows etc.
(Thanks to Stephen and Cade for the pics!)
- Aluminium honeycomb plate top and extruded alu sides
- Aluminium slat base frame with heavy duty waterproof Oxford tent base above (not a solid alu sheet - see photos - reduces weight, bulk, cost, condensation and no danger of water pooling in a hard shell base!)
- Fly - 210D Ripstop Poly Oxford, PU3000mm with silver coating
- Inner - 190gsm Ripstop Polycotton PU2000mm
- Floor - 210D Poly Oxford, PU2000mm
- Colour combo - grey and black tent, silver top.
- Inner size - 205cm long x 120cm wide x 110/90cm high
- Packed size - 215cm x 135cm x 19cm
- Weight - 55kg tent + 7kg ladder
- Inner size - 205cm long x 140cm wide x 120/100cm high
- Packed size - 215cm x 155cm x 18cm
- Weight - 64kg tent + 7kg ladder
Who is Wildland?
Wildland DC2 roof tents are imported and distributed exclusively by Intents Outdoors in NZ.
Intents Outdoors has partnered with Wild Land, a high-end manufacturer of roof tents and camping tents in China with a 20+ year history producing tents exported around the world. Their success comes from specializing in the design, development and production of industry leading, patented roof top tents and outdoor gear. Backed by strong R&D, production and quality management, Wild Land has an unparalleled reputation for innovation, quality and value. Their commitment puts them at the forefront of roof tent design and manufacture, with next generation products sold and recognised worldwide. We are proud to be NZ’s sole importer of the Desert Cruiser roof tents, which stands out as one of their most successful models and perfect for NZ conditions. The DC2 is the same as sold by Drifta Aus, Africa, Europe, North and South America.
Freight details and costs
- Pick up is from Mt Roskill, Auckland.
- Mainfreight delivery to North Island depots takes around 3 working days, to South Island depots around 3-5 working days. Tracked and signature required.
- Delivery to business or residential is also available - ask us to provide an accurate quote.
Freight costs for pick up from nearest Mainfreight depot ...
- Whangarei, Hamilton, Thames, Tauranga, Rotorua ... 120cm = $89, 140cm = $99
- Taupo, Napier, New Plymouth ... 120cm = $109, 140cm = $119
- Gisborne, Palmerston North, Whanganui, Wellington ... 120cm = $119, 140cm = $139
- Kaitaia, Levin ... 120cm = $149, 140cm = $169
- Masterton ... 120cm = $199, 140cm = $239
- Christchurch ... 120cm = $229, 140cm = $259
- Nelson, Blenheim, Dunedin ... 120cm = $259, 140cm = $299
- Cromwell, Oamaru ... 120cm = $289, 140cm = $339
- Invercargill ... 120cm = $309, 140cm = $359
- Ashburton ... 120cm = $359, 140cm = $399
- Gore ... 120cm = $389, 140cm = $449
We are based in Auckland, New Zealand. We ship around NZ, to Australia and around the world. If the shipping rate doesn't show for your country then please contact us and with your inquiry and we'll quote shipping cost for you asap.
Which courier service do we use? We typically use Castle Parcels and Post Haste couriers. Delivery is signature required (except for rural deliveries) … feel free to send us delivery instructions if you’d prefer courier to leave your item (no signature required).
PO Box delivery? Sorry, no delivery to PO Boxes by couriers.
Tracking details? Once your purchase is dispatched an automated email will be sent to you with the courier tracking details and link for you to follow your item's progress.
Can shipping be combined? Purchases can be combined to save on shipping costs but the final cost will depend on total weight, volume and destination. If unsure or you have a question, please contact us and we can let you know what combined cost will be. Maximum weight is limited to 25kg to send in one package.
How long does shipping take? We try to get your order on its way as soon as possible. Generally, when orders and payments are confirmed in the morning we do our best to ship them out on the same day. Orders confirmed in the afternoon will be dispatched the following day. For orders placed on Friday afternoons or over the weekend, they will be sent out on Monday.
Typical delivery times are next working day for Auckland and North Island addresses and 2 working days for South Island delivery. Add an extra day for rural (RD) addresses. Note that during the December peak season courier company delivery may experience some delays due to greater volumes.
If for any reason you have not received your order in the expected timeframe, please refer to the emailed tracking link and contact the courier company with your tracking number. As the courier service is ‘signature required’, if you are not home to receive your order when it is delivered, a calling card is left for you to arrange a convenient time for redelivery.
Which service do we use? We use eParcels - items are picked up by NZ Post and sent to Australia where they are delivered by Australia Post. Delivery is signature required. Faster courier services are also available with FedEx but please note that rates are for major cities only. For rural areas please contact us to confirm pricing as this can vary greatly.
Customs duties and GST charges? The receiver is responsible for any import duties or GST charges.
Are tracking details provided? When dispatched you will receive an automated email with the tracking details and link.
Can shipping be combined? Purchases can be combined and shipping rates to Australia are calculated on a weight basis. Maximum weight is limited to 25kg to send in one package.
How long does delivery take? Delivery time for eParcels is 3-10 working days depending on delivery location (and as long as items are not held up by Australian customs for inspection). For FedEx delivery to major cities is usually 3-4 working days.
Where can you ship to? We can ship to pretty much every country around the world with rates depending on weight and country. If shipping rates show up for your country, contact us with a quick inquiry with the product you're interested in, destination country and zip code and we'll get back to you with an accurate quote as soon as possible.
Which service do we use? Prices quoted are for NZ Post tracked parcel service. Parcels are shipped with NZ Post and handed on to local postal services for delivery in your home country. Most services are tracked and usually takes 3-10 working days depending on destination. You will receive an email with the tracking number once your purchase has been dispatched.
How about express courier services? We can also send items via FedEx which is quicker, tracked and signature required. This service is more expensive - please contact us if interested and we can quote you the actual price depending on product you're interested in and delivery destination.
What about import duties and taxes? Please note that any taxes or customs duties due for purchases entering your home country are not included in the purchase price and must be paid for by the recipient.