Desert Cruiser 2 exclusive to Intents Outdoors in NZ
The Desert Cruiser from Wildland is a patented streamlined aluminium hard shell roof now in NZ and exclusive to Intents Outdoors. A revolutionary design combining the durability of a hard shell roof tent, a low profile, real comfort, one of the easiest set ups you'll see, and the ability to carry your toys up top.
Low profile means less noise, easier driving and maybe the difference between getting into your garage or not.
So quick and easy to set up and pack away with patented gas strut system - less than 2 minutes to set up and pack down. Release the clips and watch gas struts lift the lid on your nest for the night. Comfy mattress and interior for a good nights sleep.
Added bonus with tough aluminium top shell strong enough to carry your toys with extra racks up top for rods, boards, gear, etc. Comes with 2 detachable racks that can be set side to side.
Available in 120cm and 140cm widths.
- fully enclosed tent for 2 with double mattress
- super easy set up and pack down requires minimal effort with patented gas spring strut system doing all the work ... less than 2 minutes to set up and same time to pack away
- streamlined aluminium hard shell top, low profile 18cm height, reduces wind resistance and noise
- Aluminium slat frame base reduces weight and prevents condensation
- low profile and weight makes driving easier with lower centre of gravity compared to standard roof tents
- aluminium side extrusion allows for attaching lighting, accessories etc
- 2 detachable racks can be used on top to carry more gear
- waterproof tent outer fly with silver coating UPF50+
- mesh window options to keep mozzies out and for greater ventilation
- 50mm comfortable high density double mattress with removable cover
- telescopic aluminium ladder and easy access side entrance
- LED strip light included
- storage pockets, shoe bags
Compatible multi-function awning and multi-function tarp available.
Note - This is a streamlined model at 18cm in height so not a lot of room inside to store bedding - couple of sleeping bags are ok but not pillows etc.
(Thanks to Stephen and Cade for the pics!)
- Aluminium honeycomb plate top and extruded alu sides
- Aluminium slat base frame with heavy duty waterproof Oxford tent base above (not a solid alu sheet - see photos - better for lighter weight, less condensation and no danger of water pooling in a hard shell base!)
- Fly - 210D Ripstop Poly Oxford, PU3000mm with silver coating
- Inner - 190gsm Ripstop Polycotton PU2000mm
- Floor - 210D Poly Oxford, PU2000mm
- 120 model Inner size - 205cm long x 120cm wide x 110/90cm high
- 140 model Inner size - 205cm long x 140cm wide x 110/90cm high
- 120 model Packed size - 215cm x 135cm x 18cm
- 140 model Packed size - 215cm x 155cm x 18cm
- 120 model Weight - 52kg tent + 7kg ladder
- 140 model Weight - 59kg tent + 7kg ladder
- Colour combo - grey and black tent, silver top.
Shipping details and costs
- Pick up is from Mt Roskill, Auckland.
- Mainfreight delivery to North Island depots takes around 3 working days, to South Island depots around 3-5 working days. Tracked and signature required.
- Delivery to business or residential is also available - ask us to provide an accurate quote.
Freight costs for pick up from nearest Mainfreight depot ...
- Whangarei, Hamilton, Thames, Tauranga, Rotorua ... 120cm = $89, 140cm = $99
- Taupo, Napier, New Plymouth ... 120cm = $109, 140cm = $119
- Gisborne, Palmerston North, Whanganui, Wellington ... 120cm = $119, 140cm = $139
- Kaitaia, Levin ... 120cm = $149, 140cm = $169
- Masterton ... 120cm = $199, 140cm = $239
- Christchurch ... 120cm = $229, 140cm = $259
- Nelson, Blenheim, Dunedin ... 120cm = $259, 140cm = $299
- Cromwell, Oamaru ... 120cm = $289, 140cm = $339
- Invercargill ... 120cm = $309, 140cm = $359
- Ashburton ... 120cm = $359, 140cm = $399
- Gore ... 120cm = $389, 140cm = $449