New upgraded Indie 2 tents now back in stock ...
The ultralight Indie 2 is a popular choice for users who have to carry their tent over long distances and are looking to minimise weight. The Indie 2 is built using high quality Ripstop Silnylon - an ultra lightweight fine nylon fabric much lighter and stronger than heavier polyester. A silicone coating on the upper side adds strength and a polyurethane waterproof coating on the underside means that factory heat taped seams have been applied (no need for messy liquid seam sealants).
Built to provide great performance and weather handling, adaptability with its multi-pitch options, and all at just 1.35kg. No poles included - designed for use with trekking poles or we have optional aluminium and ultralight carbon fibre poles.
Read a user's review of the Indie 2.
Portability - An ideal lightweight tramping or bike packing 2 person tent with a double wall design for better ventilation and ability to deal with condensation. Weighs just 1.35kg and packs down to approx. 35cm x 15cm diameter so easily fits in your pack and a cinch when split between two. To reduce weight the tent is designed to stand using 2 trekking poles or also have optional 115cm alu poles (165g each) or 115cm carbon fibre poles (77g each) available for purchase.
Weather performance – Strong design performs well in all weather. Constructed using light weight but durable 20D Ripstop Silnylon with PU3000mm underside coating and taped seams so is fully waterproof. The 2020 version's floor has been upgraded to a stronger 40D Ripstop Nylon and a higher PU5000mm waterproof coating. There is still an optional groundsheet that sits under the inner floor (doesn't cover vestibule areas) if you feel it's needed to offer greater protection for the floor.
Easy pitch – Quick, no fuss pitching. Just leave the inner hooked up to the fly, stake it out and insert poles and stake them out - great when setting up in rain to keep the inner dry. Also has multi-pitch options to suit your needs – can be used as fly only, inner only or as a double wall tent.
Easy entry/exit with identical 3 zip inverted ‘T’ inner doors on each side, no need to crawl over your partner to get out and allows for easy to access gear stowed in vestibule from either left or right side of the main pole.
Another great performance and value choice for adventure campers. Also available in a heavier Ripstop Polyester version - see the Max 2.
- Ultralight 1.35kg, compact packed size
- Strong 20D Ripstop Silnylon fly with topside Silicone coating for greater strength and waterproof PU3000mm coating underside with taped seams
- Upgraded more durable 40D Ripstop Nylon floor with higher PU5000mm floor for greater waterproofing and protection that should cover most conditions.
- Double wall with fully enclosed inner
- Inverted T door for easy entry/exit and access to gear
- Good sized vestibules on each side to stow gear
- Requires 2 trekking poles or optional aluminium or carbon fibre poles
- Reinforced pockets for pole ends to lot into
- Good ventilation with top vents and raised beaks on each side
- Keep inner attached to fly for simple, quick set up
- Multi-pitch options – fly only, inner only, or as double wall tent
- Optional 100cm x 200cm groundsheet available for purchase (sits under inner floor)
- Easy pitch corner webbing tie out points
- Extra wall tie-outs to raise wall height at ends of tent if needed
- Alu 15cm lightweight Y stakes – can be set up with 6, or 8 in windy conditions
- Includes drawstring carry bag
- Sleeps: 2
- Seasons: 3
- Colour: Green
- Inner Measurements: 110cm wide x 210cm long x 110cm max height
- Outer fly: 20D 380T Ripstop Silnylon, PU 3000mm with Taped seams
- Inner: 20D Nylon mesh
- Floor: 40D 380T Ripstop Nylon / PU 5000mm with Taped seams
- Poles: not included – requires 2 trekking poles or 2 optional aluminium or carbon fibre poles
- Pegs: 8 x 15cm alu Y stakes
- Carry bag: drawstring stuff sack
- Packed size: approx 35cm x 15cm diameter
For the gram counters ...
- Total packed weight: approx 1.35kg (everything included except poles)
- Outer fly with guy ropes 655g
- Inner 570g
- Drawstring carry bag 23g
- Setting ropes 25g
- Pegs x 8pcs 70g
- Drawstring Peg bag 7g